Its official: ding, dong the witch is dead! RIP Katrina (Katia Winter, nothing against you personally, but you never had a chance).
Let’s bitch it out…
You have to give it to the writers: talk about a course correction. The season finale ends with our team back in the present and Katrina dead at Crane’s (Tom Mison) hands in order to save Abbie (Nicole Beharie). Abbie notes – a bit on the nose- that this chapter of their lives is shut, but the battle against evil is just beginning. This is the writers screaming “RENEW US! We promise to climb out of our sophomore slump!” I, for one, am just starting to believe them.
‘Tempus Fugit’ gives viewers everything we could have hoped for: a chance for Abbie and Crane to meet again and rebuild their bond. The return of Benjamin Franklin (Timothy Busfield), followed by the surprising (temporary) decapitation of Benjamin Franklin. A highly emotional meeting between Abbie and her ancestor Grace Dixon (Onira Tares). Crane fighting the Horseman outside Frederick’s Manor. And most importantly, Crane trying to figure out what “slide to unlock” means on a smart phone.
By episode’s end, our team of Crane, Abbie, Jennie (Lyndie Greenwood) and Irving (Orlando Jones) are reunited and ready to take on their next fight…minus the dead weight that held back so much of S2.
- I could have used more time – maybe two episodes – in the past. There was missed opportunity for more fun watching Abbie assimilate, not just a few quips about what will become a Starbucks in the future. Let’s watch her learn how to wear a corset, or use a bed pan…fun stuff!
- When Crane realizes that Abbie’s telling the truth thanks to videos in her smart phone, he tries to rescue her from jail only to find that she had already dug a nail out of a bench to pick the lock and taken out the Colonel with her close combat skills. Girl Power!
- Is anyone else surprised at how quickly Crane believed Abbie? I know there was solid proof of their friendship, but even after seeing his wife with the grimoire, you’d think he’d be more conflicted trying to reconcile this new reality with the knowledge of the woman he loves with all his heart (who let’s not forget is pregnant with his child).
- Can we appreciate that Abbie’s phone password is Crane’s birthday? That’s the modern day equivalent of writing someone’s name in hearts on your notebook.
- I was pleasantly surprised at the events that transpired when Abbie returned to the present. I was so afraid the show would end on a gimmicky cliffhanger like Abbie or Crane getting amnesia.
- Now that Crane’s a widower, am I the only one dying to see him navigate Tinder? The swiping alone will be fantastic, not to mention the actual dates.
- FOX: please upload all the Vine videos of Abbie teaching Crane new technology online to help us get us through the summer.
- Crane (when Abbie hugs him before he heads to battle): “Is this level of intimacy commonplace in 2015?” Abbie: “Yeah, we hug it out”
- Ben Franklin (when he learns Jefferson’s face is on the $2 bill and he’s on the $100): “Does anyone even use the $2? Sounds cumbersome”
Sleepy Hollow has finished airing its second season. FOX has yet to confirm if it will order a third.