XOXO Horror is a podcast dedicated to exploring and expanding the range of voices contributing to the contemporary horror genre.
Series 1 (February 2019)
February is not only Valentine’s Day, but also Women in Horror Month (WiHM):
Women in Horror Month is an international, grassroots initiative, which encourages supporters to learn about and showcase the underrepresented work of women in the horror industries. Whether they are on the screen, behind the scenes, or contributing in their other various artistic ways, it is clear that women love, appreciate, and contribute to the horror genre.
To complement the 10th anniversary of this great initiative, throughout February 2019 XOXO Horror shone a light on female horror film writers. The immensely talented women who agreed to participate in this project reflect a range of backgrounds and specialties, but individually and collectively they are producing some of the most exciting, innovative, reflective, and critical and boundary-pushing writing about horror films in the field.
- Andrea Subissati on Ellen Burstyn in The Exorcist
- Stacie Ponder and Suspiria
- Stephanie Crawford and Marcia Gay Harden in The Mist
- Zena Dixon and Summer Of Fear
- Gena Radcliffe and An American Werewolf In London
- Meagan Navarro and Revenge
- Beatrice Loayza and 28 Days Later
- Valeska Griffiths and The Craft
- Ashlee Blackwell and The Invitation
- Alex West and Shelley Duvall in The Shining
- Ale Gonzalez and The VVitch