The Bachelorette continues to bore as the Nick/Shawn hatred comes to a head. Suddenly there’s no one left to root for.
Let’s bitch it out…
The world’s most boring confrontation(s): We pick up where we left off with Shawn confronting Nick in his room. He goes there to…well…to…I guess, just to remind Nick that he hates him (just in case Nick doesn’t already know). Nick later returns the favour and waits for Shawn outside his hotel room as Shawn’s doing his post-fantasy suite date walk of shame. Poor Nick can’t control his own confrontation though, as Shawn doesn’t let him get a word in edgewise, just reiterating how much he hates Nick. Shawn would KILL during a congressional filibuster.
And then there were two: Despite a romantic overnight date in which Ben and Kaitlyn were chased by donkeys (“drop the bucket!”), no one is surprised when Kaitlyn sends her absolute best prospect left home. Maybe he s just a little too excited to “talk more” in the Fantasy Suite. A girl’s got needs, Ben.
The good news for the rest of America, ABC has announced that Ben H. will be the new bachelor. ABC better expect lots of mail from the Ben Z. fan club on this decision. I’m surprised they didn’t wait until next week’s ‘Men Tell All’ episode, but now we’ll have more time to hear about the current status of the Clint/JJ love story, so that’s a win.
Hometown Dates with no Hometown: The Bachelorette producers must have gotten a screaming deal on off-season booking at a Utah ski resort because instead of actually flying Kaitlyn to these men’s hometowns to get a sense of who they are and how they grow up, they are all at some sterile conference room at a hotel. #letdown
First things first, kudos to Nick’s mom for looking that good after ELEVEN kids! She’s obviously worried because Nick got his heart broken before. Nick’s pre-teen sister Bella asks Kaitlyn if she loves Nick (apparently someone didn’t get The Bachelorette protocol memo). Kaitlyn cares “a lot a lot a lot” for him. She also likes Vancouver.
We learn that Shawn has many older sisters. This is not surprising AT ALL. Of course he grew up with everyone telling him how special he was and treating him like a little prince. Shawn’s sisters are onboard (he and Kaitlyn are so “yin and yang”). Dad is a little more skeptical, but after some hemming and hawing he gives the standard “go with your heart” blessing.
Both guys take the non-hometown opportunity to tell Kaitlyn they’re no longer FALLING in love with her…they ARE in love with her. It seems a solid 50% genuine too.
Next Up: can we please go somewhere tropical so we can break someone’s heart?!?
- Fantasy Suites should be in the Caribbean. All of these rooms looked like someone’s grandma designed it. Not exactly sexy.
- “The last thing I want to do is bring up Nick with Shawn” – Kaitlyn…right before she brings up Nick with Shawn.
- Kaitlyn thinks Nick is “too deep.” Eye roll.
- So. Many. Irish. Wool. Sweaters.
- Why is Shawn wearing Spandex pants as underwear? Oh yeah, Shawn stripped and started running around naked on a golf course. This is why we can’t have nice things.
- Can anyone else picture Shawn at an outdoor pool party in Las Vegas holding his yard glass?
- The Irish music in this episode gives me mixed feelings. Are we at a pub or running through the forest in The Last of the Mohicans?
- That moment when you see Ben H. on the screen in his capri sweat/yoga pants and realize you’re wearing the same thing. Is that in fashion now for guys?
What did you think? Do you hope Kaitlyn ends up alone? Are you happy Ben H. will be handing out roses next year? Are you as excited as I am for ‘Men Tell All’? Sound off below!
The Bachelorette ‘Men Tell All’ episode airs next Monday at 8pm EST on ABC