What’s the deal with November? It’s such a blah month! Oh wait…hello Netflix…
Let’s bitch it out…
- Scandal S5 (9pm EST, ABC) – reviews by couchpotato
And now on to the main (only) November event!
Marvel’s Jessica Jones S1
- What’s it about? Following a tragic end to her superhero career, Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter) rebuilds her life as a private investigator in New York City while dealing with the return of a villain from her past: the manipulative and dangerous Purple Man.
- Who’s in it? Aside from Ritter’s return to serial drama, the villain of this second Marvel / Netflix collaboration is former Doctor Who actor David Tennant. Mike Colter plays Jessica’s “it’s complicated” romantic interest, while Carrie-Anne Moss and Rachael Taylor round out the cast.
- Why Should You Care? Aside from its amazing visual aesthetic (loving the film noir vibe), critics and fans who have caught an advanced preview have highlighted how the series tackles new-for-Marvel material (like – gasp! – sexuality) and doesn’t shy away from darker topics such as rape, assault, and PTSD.
- Who’s covering it? cinephilactic eagerly volunteers to be Jessica’s blackout drinking buddy
- Debuts: Like most Netflix series, all episodes drop on Nov 20. Three episode blocks will be reviewed every Tuesday.
That’s it for us for November. We’re also eager to check out new series Flesh & Bone (Nov 8), Into The Badlands (Nov 15) and Amazon’s highest rated pilot ever: The Man In The High Castle (Nov 20). What are you planning on watching? Sound off below