Although May is certainly no April, there’s still a few reasons to be excited about TV as we move further into spring.
Let’s bitch it out…
We start, as always, with an overview of our continuing coverage only this time the majority of ours shows are signing off for the year:
- Game Of Thrones (9pm EST on HBO)
- The Good Wife S6 (9pm EST on CBS) – Season finale May 10
- Monday: The Originals S2 (8pm EST on The CW) – – Season finale May 11
- The Flash S1 (8pm EST on The CW) – Season finale May 19
- iZombie S1 (9pm EST on The CW) – Quick Take reviews
- Arrow S3 (8pm EST on The CW) – Season finale May 13
- Thursday: Scandal S4 (9pm EST on ABC) – Season finale May 14
- Bloodline S1 (Netflix)
- Grimm S4 (9pm EST on NBC) – Season finale May 15
- Outlander S1 (9pm EST on STARZ) – Season finale May 30
- Orphan Black S3 (9pm EST on BBC America)
And now for the new content:
Penny Dreadful S2
- Where did we leave off?
- Why should you care? The first season proved to be the perfect marriage of content and style: the sumptuous Victorian trappings of the period contributed a decadent touch of class to the “low genre” horror series. Despite the occasional misstep in terms of pacing, so long as Eva Green is allowed to continue dominating the proceedings, this is the must-see event of Spring for us. We bow at the altar of this woman.
- Who is covering it? cinephilactic will endeavour to post a quick take review in the early evening every Monday
- Returns: Sunday, May 3 at 10pm EST on Showtime
The Bachelorette S11
- What is it? The annual summer tradition continues as 25 male bachelors of questionable sanity and intentions descend on a castle in the hopes of lasting long enough to put a ring on the titular bachelorette.
- Why should you care? For the first time we’ve got 2 bachelorettes: Kaitlyn Bristowe and Britt Nilsson (both from S19 of The Bachelor). Judging from the preview the 25 men will have to select which bachelorette they want to woo, which the advert insists will result in CRAY CRAY drama. We say, bring it on!
- Who is covering it? couchpotato will break down the twists and turns every Tuesday
- Returns: The two night premiere event begins Monday, May 18 and continues Tuesday, May 19 at 9pm EST on ABC
- What is it? A Canadian import picked up by Netflix, this six part series centers “on a town beset by a plague that kills everyone over 21” (thanks Hollywood Reporter!) Sounds interesting…
- Why should you care? This is the first time that the online streaming retailer has eschewed its all-at-once model by rolling out a series on a weekly basis. So it will be interesting to see how people respond and keep up over the month and a half.
- Who is covering it? Despite being far too old to survive in Pretty Lake, cinephilactic will recount the adventures of the young survivors every Friday
- Returns: The series airs at 8pm EST on City in Canada and makes its US debut at 9pm on Netflix, Thursday May 21
That’s it for us. What else are you watching in May? Sound off below