I promised to write about Revenge if something substantial happened, so I guess ‘Clarity’ qualifies considering it drops the biggest bomb in the show’s run.
Let’s bitch it out…
Emily Thorne’s (Emily VanCamp) revelation at the hospital ground-breaking ceremony is the latest in a string of shocking developments that have occurred throughout the fourth season including the return of David Clarke (James Tupper) and Conrad’s death, Daniel’s death, Margaux’s (Karine Vanasse) declaration of revenge and last week the loss of the Grayson
baby fetus peanut. On top of this, we can now add the biggest of them all: Emily Thorne is no more, as she has outed herself as Amanda Clarke to the world.
Well let me tell you, that development and others have us questioning where the series can go from here:
- What’s next for Margaux and Victoria (Madeleine Stowe)? Margaux canceled some kind of secret, black market move against someone, but there has to be fall-out from threatening Courtney Love (isn’t there always)?. Victoria, meanwhile, who had been actively campaigning to get Margaux to give up her revengda, was starting to get back into the game. Even she, however, looks surprised to see Amanda reveal her identity and clear Daniel’s name.
- What does this revelation mean for Jack (Nick Wechsler), who most feared would suffer fall-out from Amanda’s press conference? He’ll now have to recant his testimony about the night of the attack at Emily’s, but the look of love in his eyes says he doesn’t care.
- Side Bar: Ben (Brian Hallisay) looks pissed that Amanda lied to him. Does anyone care?
- There’s an ominous close-up of David’s hand when he cuts himself on the boat, so is it safe to say that that blood will prove problematic moving forward? For a moment I actually thought he would be framed for killing Jack’s mom, Stevie (Gail O’Grady) or something else that’s suitably outrageous.
- Louise (Elena Satine) and Nolan (Gabriel Mann) break off their marriage because she’s getting too cray-cray and he wants to pork the hot Child Protective Services guy. Initially I figured she would team up with Victoria for a new round of REVENGE!, but with Amanda’s secret out, I’m not sure what that would entail/achieve.
- Does Amanda’s confession mean that Mason Treadwell (Roger Bart) will finally get out of prison? Didn’t Amanda promise to get him out once she retired the red sharpie?
- Finally, where the hell does the show go from here? There are still three episodes left! Is there any reason whatsoever to keep Revenge going past the end of the season? And if the forthcoming finale is the series finale, does that mean we have to worry about Charlotte coming back? Because ugh…
Have your say in the comments below.
Revenge returns Sunday, April 11 at 10pm EST on ABC. Here are some preview photos courtesy of TVLine and below is the completely unhelpful preview that makes it look like every other episode.