The identity of the Darach, the serial killer stalking Beacon Hills, is revealed and it’s pretty much exactly who you would expect. More importantly, though, Lydia’s (Holland Roden) talent for screaming is explained!
Let’s bitch it out…
After a lot of bitching about how unclear a number of the storylines have been this season, things on Teen Wolf come into focus with ‘The Girl Who Knew Too Much’. We get two big reveals: 1) Ms. Blake (Haley Webb) is a serial killer and 2) Lydia is a banshee.
It all makes so much sense!!!
Okay well, not really, but at least we know more than we did before. I’m still not sure why Ms. Blake is murdering people in threes, which member of the Alpha pack she has a history with (it’s suggested the Darach is a former emissary) or how the English teacher has powers to mask her appearance, heal herself and crush Sheriff badges with the ease of molding tinfoil. I can only assume now that the cat is out of the bag we’ll get an exposition dump next week about those hospital details the Sheriff (Linden Ashby) uncovered before he (and Lydia?) were whisked away by Ms. Blake.
The reveal about Lydia’s status as a wailing woman is more satisfying. We’ve long wondered why Lydia seems to be first on the scene whenever there’s a body turns up and now we know: she a harbinger of death. Gosh, no wonder she has trouble with guys! (Although Max Carver’s Aidan still seems kinda smitten with her, despite what he tells his brother)
At the end of the day the two reveals are the key elements of ‘The Girl Who Knew Too Much’. Nearly everything else that occurs is set-up for the big classroom reveal/fight scene. There are a number of other interesting elements that will likely play out over the remaining episodes in this first half of S3, though, especially when it comes to couples.
If you’re a shipper of the traditional couples, you may be in for some rough times ahead as both Alison (Crystal Reed) / Isaac (Daniel Sharman) and Scott (Tyler Posey) / Lydia seem headed for romantic entanglements.
On the plus side, if you’re a Sterek (Stiles/Derek) fan, at least you know that Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) will be back on the market shortly since his girlfriend is about to bite it.
- I looooooved the melodramatic shift to the Darach’s theme song by the band during the recital. The confused looks of the crowd really helps to set the scene and the piano wire murder of the piano player woman is actually pretty shocking
- In what reality would the school be open the day after the body of a deputy is found hanging off its sign? Methinks not
- I’m a big fan of actress Bianca Lawson (Buffy‘s Kendra!), but Morell’s interrogation scene with Scott is incredibly over-acted. Somebody call the acting coach!
- I think that Cora (Adelaide Kane) has been really awkwardly inserted into the cast this season, especially her seemingly out of nowhere relationship with Boyd and now Stiles (Dylan O’Brien). With that said, their attempt to clue Stiles’ dad in on the supernatural elements in town – capped by her fainting – is very humourous
- Sidenote: Is Cora being written off the show because she’s on The CW’s Reign this fall? It certainly seems like she might be a goner since her head wound from Aidan doesn’t appear to be healing
- Anyone else wondering if JR Bourne’s time on Revenge overlapped with filming for Teen Wolf? He’s had significantly less screen time this season. Swooping in to shoot at the Darach (poorly) hardly constitutes a presence
- I’m totally crushing on Danny (Keahu Kahuanui) and Ethan’s (Charlie Carver) relationship. They’re so cute
- I like that Ethan admits that he and his brother were “the bitches” of their former pack…until they killed them all. Who wants to be the one to tell them that now they’re just the bitches of the Alpha pack?
- Stiles (to Lydia): “How am I supposed to find the dead body? You always find the dead body!”
Your turn: are you surprised to learn the truth about Ms. Blake? What about Lydia? Is the Sheriff a goner (no way the show would really do that to Stiles, would they)? Do you want to see an Alison/Isaac hook-up? What about Scott/Lydia? And will Cora (or any of the new werewolves) survive the season? Comment away below
Teen Wolf airs Mondays at 10pm EST on MTV